The best energy bar recipe for your summer activities
Energy bars are my go-to when I’m hiking or trekking in the mountains. Most of the time I buy them but when I have time, I’m so happy to make mine! Of course these can be eaten as a daily snack or during a hard sport session. Here is one of my favourite recipe for energy bars. I added chocolate in this one but it is totally optional!
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
- A food processor
- A tablespoon
- A fridge
- Your hands!
- 1 cup of old fashion oats
- ½ cup of roasted almonds
- ½ cup of walnuts
- 8 fresh dates
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter (I used almond butter)
- 1 tablespoon of honey or agave syrup (for vegans)
- 1/3 of unsweened cacao powder (optional)
- ½ cup of dark chocolat cut in small pieces (optional)
- Chop the almonds to get big pieces (you can do it with a food processor or with a knife) and put the pieces in a container.
- On the other side in a food processor, bring the walnuts into a thin powder. Add the dates and blend until it becomes a sticky homogeous mixture. Bring together this mixture to the previous mixture with almonds.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix them together with your hands.
- On a baking sheet and still using your hands, create a flat rectangular form and make your mixture tight by pushing hard on it. Be careful to not make it to thin!
- Store in your fridge for minimum 1 hour. The bars should solidify with the cold.
- When cold enough, cut the rectangular bar in small bars.
*Bon appétit !*